Today Inbound Marketing is released and I am so excited.
This terrific book is written by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah co-founders of HubSpot. Learn more about Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs here.
We're living a revolution!
We're living a revolution in the way people communicate.
How did a relatively unknown, young, single-term black senator with funny ears and a funnier name get elected President of the United States? Simple: He and his team understood the revolution and harnessed the power of the Web to communicate effectively with the masses. They built an online following of tens of millions and raised half a billion dollars, much of it from small donations on the Web.
While the Obama campaign didn't have people from HubSpot as members of the campaign team, they certainly used the ideas that are found in Inbound Marketing.
We're living a revolution in the way people find products and choose companies to do business with. These days, practically everyone turns to the Web first when researching anything from what's the best baby stroller to buy to which corporate accounting firm to hire for your business.
We start at Google or another search engine and we tap our online network of friends, family members, and colleagues via email, instant messaging, chat rooms, Facebook, and Twitter.
And with revolution comes liberation!
We're liberated from the tyranny of marketing effectiveness being determined by the size of our wallets.
Today, anyone with a story to tell can command an audience—and customers—on the Web. Your potential customers are looking for products and services like yours right now, today, this minute.
Oh and another thing: Now marketing is fun!
When was the last time you got excited about buying yet another contact list of people you could interrupt? Never, right? Inbound Marketing is fun, and with it comes a more rewarding way to live.
In Inbound Marketing, you’ll find marketing strategy and wisdom.
But even more importantly, you’ll find hundreds of practical and accessible ideas, tools, and techniques that you can apply to your business right now.
What are you waiting for?
While I really do think Inbound Marketing is a great book and I want you to buy it, I am incredibly biased.
Let me explain all of the reasons why I have conflicts of interest with this book.
1. I've been after Brian and Dharmesh to write a book for several years. In fact ever since I first met them in 2007 I've hounded them to get writing and share their ideas. So I really want them to succeed.
2. Soon after we met, Brian and Dharmesh asked me to join the HubSpot Board of Advisors. I have been a member of the HubSpot Board of Advisors for several years.
3. I have spoken at HubSpot events, Webinars, and have appeared on HubSpot TV.
4. Inbound Marketing is the first book in The New Rules of Social Media series of books. The series, which I am editing and which is being published by Wiley, includes titles that expand on the ideas of my BusinessWeek bestseller The New Rules of Marketing & PR with books that provide valuable insights and detail on different aspects of social media marketing. I chose Brian and Dharmesh, to write the first book in the series because they are social media marketing pioneers and have tons of amazing ideas for companies to get found online.
5. I wrote the foreword to Inbound Marketing.
Biased, right? Sure. Very. But that doesn't make the book any less excellent.